Cut Off Levels for Drug Tests – Australian Standard
Unlike other countries around the globe, Australian Standards for drug testing cut off levels have its own approved amount for testing. It is important to know and understand how cut off levels work and why these cut-off levels need to be followed.
Before anything else, do you have an idea what the Australian Standards for alcohol and drug testing are? This blog will discuss the basic information on why knowledge in the cut off levels as approved by Australian standard is essential.
Australian Standards for alcohol and drug testing:
- AS 3547 (Breathalysers/ Alcohol Breath Testing Device)
– The Australian police are quite lenient when it comes to using a breathalyser even though most industries require users to have AS Certified breathalysers. Yet they have police laboratories to check their accuracy and reliability of the testing instruments.
- AS 4760:2019 (Oral Drug Testing)
– The Australian standard AS/NZS4760:2019 has recently been overhauled. The changes include the addition of oxycodone, and the benzodiazepines strip has been taken out. Also, the THC cutt off level has been reduced to 15ng/ml from 25ng/ml.
- AS 4308:2008 (Urine Drug Testing)
– This is the standard cut off level for urine drug testing. This type of drug testing can give you the most accurate results by far. It can detect the presence of a drug from the user even after three to four days of intake. Sometimes longer in regards to THC.
To give you further idea about the Australian standard cut-off levels, below are the cut off levels approved by the Australian Standards whenever you need to conduct drug testing:
Australian Standard cut off levels
- Opiates 50 ng/mL
- Amphetamine type stimulants 50ng/mL
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabino 15ng/mL
- Cocaine & metabolites 50ng/mL
AS 4308:2008 (ng/ml)
- Amphetamine 300ug/L
- Benzodiazepines 200 ug/L
- Cannabis metabolites 50ug/Lg
- Cocaine metabolites 300ug/L
- Opiates 300ug/L
- Methamphetamine 300ug/L
At Oz Drug Tests, we want you to understand the Australian Standard cut off levels are for and why they are important when conducting a drug test. The right cut off level can provide you the most accurate results. It is like any other policy that are provided to control and approve the right actions when using a drug testing kit.
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to us here.