Cut Off Levels for Drug Tests – Australian Standard
Unlike other countries around the globe, Australian Standards for drug testing cut off levels have its own approved amount for testing. It is important to know and understand how cut off levels work and why these cut-off levels need to be followed.
Before anything else, do you have an idea what the Australian Standards for alcohol and drug testing are? This blog will discuss the basic information on why knowledge in the cut off levels as approved by Australian standard is essential.
Australian Standards for alcohol and drug testing:
- AS 3547 (Breathalysers/ Alcohol Breath Testing Device)
– The Australian police are quite lenient when it comes to using a breathalyser even though most industries require users to have AS Certified breathalysers. Yet they have police laboratories to check their accuracy and reliability of the testing instruments.
- AS 4760:2006 (Oral Drug Testing)
– The Australian Standard cut off level for oral drug testing is increasingly getting popular because of its advantages. Although the standard itself is basically thrown out by NATA and is on review, people and companies still wish to stick to it. It will only require you to collect a saliva specimen from the person to be tested. Plus, it will only take a few minutes if you use a personal drug testing kit.
- AS 4308:2008 (Urine Drug Testing)
– This is the standard cut off level for urine drug testing. This type of drug testing can give you the most accurate results by far. It can detect the presence of a drug from the user even after three to four days of intake. Sometimes longer in regards to THC.
To give you further idea about the Australian standard cut-off levels, below are the cut off levels approved by the Australian Standards whenever you need to conduct drug testing:
Australian Standard cut off levels
- Opiates 50 ng
- Amphetamine 50 ng
- THC 25 ng
- Cocaine & amp;metabolites 50 ng
AS 4308:2008 (ng/ml)
- Amphetamine 300 ng
- Benzodiazepines 200 ng
- Cannabis metabolites 50 ng
- Cocaine metabolites 300 ng
- Opiates 300 ng
- Methamphetamine 300 ng
At Oz Drug Tests, we want you to understand the Australian Standard cut off levels are for and why they are important when conducting a drug test. The right cut off level can provide you the most accurate results. It is like any other policy that are provided to control and approve the right actions when using a drug testing kit.
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to us here.